CALL 24/7 (888) 588-5717

Visitor Visas (B-1 and B-2) | Peterson Law | Kansas City Law Firm

The B-1 Visa is beneficial for planned travel that is business related such as attending professional conferences, consultations with business associates, contract negotiation, or settling an estate. 

The B-2 Visa is beneficial for planned travel that is recreational in nature such as tourism, visiting family, social events and service, or if your visit is related to medical treatment. 

You can apply for the visitor at the nearest United States embassy or Consulate where you live.  In order to qualify for a visitor visa, you must demonstrate:

  • The purpose of your trip is to enter the United States temporarily for business or pleasure;
  • Your visit will be for a specific, limited period;
  • You have the appropriate funds to cover expenses in the United States;
  • Your ties to your home country will ensure your departure from the United States when your visa expires.

To discuss the visitor visa process and application in more detail, contact our office to speak with an immigration attorney, (888) 588-5717.


In order to ensure that we provide unparalleled service to our callers, we answer our phones 24/7. Call us anytime, (888) 588-5717.