CALL 24/7 (888) 588-5717

Religious Worker Visas (R-1) | Peterson Law | Kansas City Law Firm

The R-1 is a temporary non-immigrant religious worker visa is for aliens seeking to come to the United States temporarily to be employed as a minister or within a religious vocation or occupation on a part time (at least 20 hours per week) basis.  In order to qualify, you must be a part of a religious denomination having a bona fide non profit religious organization within the United States for at least two years immediately before filing the petition.  You must employed by one of the following:

  • Non-profit religious organization in the United States;
  • Religious organization that is authorized by a group tax exemption holder to use its group tax exemption; or
  • Non-profit religious organization which is affiliated with a religious denomination in the United States

For help applying for an R-1 religious worker visa, call our office to speak with an immigration attorney, (888) 588-5717.


In order to ensure that we provide unparalleled service to our callers, we answer our phones 24/7. Call us anytime, (888) 588-5717.